Sunday, August 2, 2009

Rechil

I can't even BEGIN to explain how proud I am of this girl! I have known Rachel for as long as I can remember because our parents are friends from the Stone Age. I've seen her grow exponentially as Christian in the past few years and I am SO PRIVILEGED to have been able to watch her and walk beside her.

Rachel, you are amazing, really you are. I've said most of this to you before in some form or another but I'm going to say it again here so that everyone can read it and know just how awesome you are! Your heart to serve is such a blessing to everyone around you, especially at IMPACT. You've been doing a great job at making the birthday cards and you're very organised with it as well, doing your best to make sure they get signed and are given to the person on time. Also with supper duty, you've been very organised and faithful with that as well.
I see how you look after people and how you are so good at following up on them and keeping in touch. I know sometimes you worry that you aren't doing enough, but believe me, what you do to keep in contact with people is at least ten times mroe than the average person.
I truly believe that as you live your life for God, people will and can already see that there's something different about you. You do have a heart for people and you notice them. And not only do you notice them, you love them and you go out of your way to talk to them and spend time with them. I know I'm older than you and all, but watching you love others really does motivate me to want to look after people more as well.
You've been doing an amazing job with kids' church. From what I remember, you stepped up to help out with it only because there wasn't anyone else, but that's what makes it extra special. I think you went a little bit out of your comfort zone but you've really done so well with it and you've made a lasting impression on the kiddies just by loving them and taking the time and energy to be involved in their lives. I'm so proud of you!!
You just have such a heart and a willingness to serve in the church and outside as well (like Mustard - I'm so excited for that!!) that it really shines through. The Kingdom of God needs more people like you. People who see the needs around them and who step up to meet those needs. That's what a true leader does. You're also very teachable (though I remember a time once when you weren't :p) and I love how you ask questions to find out more or to be able to answer someone else's questions.

It's really been an amazing privilege to be your friend and to watch you grow and become involved in ministry. I know this is such a cliche phrase, but you have SO MUCH POTENTIAL and I really believe you are well on your well to reaching it :D :D

You are my boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment